We're here to help.
We have a list of FAQ to answer most common questions. Try the search function to find what you’re looking for. If you need further assistance, don’t be shy to reach us. Drop your question and we’ll get back to you shortly.
Carbonate HR is an automated human resource management system that helps HR professionals in performing their tasks from recruitment to exit interviews and everything in between such as attendance, leave, payroll, roster, appraisal, managing outlets, communication, and many more.
For more information, you may visit the website at https://carbonateapp.com/
Yes, Carbonate HR company is based in Singapore but we are present in Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, and India. We are growing to other countries rapidly so stay updated by following us on social media.
Yes, Carbonate HR can calculate payroll as per Singapore regulations. We can also calculate payroll following other countries regulations such as:
First, you need to add the legal entity to which countries your companies are registered in. This is required for localised payroll, leave and tax calculations. Below is the user guide that will help you add the legal entity in Carbonate HR.
To generate the payroll, you may follow this guide:
It’s okay. There are some scenarios that might cause you trouble logging in. Follow the instructions for help getting back into your account.
Select the issue that most closely applies to you:
You may have entered an incorrect username and/or password
- If your password is not working, request a new password by entering your email address in our reset form.
- If our system cannot find your email address, you may be entering the wrong one. Try to enter the username or email address or mobile phone number you think you used. Then, check all your email inboxes – we will send instructions to the account's email address.
- If you have forgotten your password, lost access to your account email, and do not have a mobile number associated with your account, contact our Support Team and we may be able to help you.
- If you requested a new password reset but does not arrive in the email inbox.
- Be sure to check your junk or spam filters on your email inbox. Many small domains filter our emails. Search for any emails from Carbonate HR.
- Enter your email address when requesting a password reset. This will ensure you know which email we are sending to, and are checking the right inbox.
- Contact our Support Team.
You may not yet have an account in Carbonate HR
- Please contact your HR to create an account for you.
- OR you may sign up for a Carbonate HR account
Your account might be disabled
- Contact your HR to make sure that your logins are up and good.
- Otherwise, feel free to contact our Support Team!
New account but have not been able to log in yet
- Make sure your signup was successful. Check your email inbox for the confirmation we send you when you successfully signed up for an account.
- If it looks like you did not create an account, you can sign up for a new account again.
- If you did create a new account but cannot log in, request a new password. Be sure to check your spam and junk folders for our password email.
When things became more challenging, feel free to contact our Support Team. It's our pleasure to help make everything a breeze in Carbonate HR.
- Yes, Carbonate HR can calculate the following tiers of overtime
- Overtime calculation for working on a normal working day.
Click here to find out how it works on Carbonate HR.
- Overtime calculation for working on a rest day. Click Here to approve the compensation on a rest day on Carbonate HR.
- Overtime calculation for working on a public holiday. Click Here to find out how it works on Carbonate HR.
If the overtime settings are enabled from the main settings, you should check if the overtime is approved from the attendance compensations.
Yes, we are providing a free trial to help you get a glimpse of what’s inside the Carbonate HR. And yes, you will need to sign up for FREE for a Carbonate account. Below is the user guide as your reference:
Once done signing up, you can now get access to the dashboard where you will get the feel of our app. You can set up your company profile, manage your account, and create staff accounts, and a lot more.
Should you feel that Carbonate HR fits your need, you may check out our HRMS Subscription Plans.
- You will only receive the email notifications if either this employee is reporting to you directly or includes you in the list to be notified while applying for the leave applications. If this employee does not report to you and also does not include you to the list to be notified, even if you are an admin, you will not receive email or mobile notification.
- If this reports to you or has added you to the list to be notified and yet you are not receiving the email or mobile notification, you can enable the notifications from the personal tab in the settings. Click here to find out how to enable these notifications.
Log in for the new user is quite easy, we can simply do the same with just a simple step. Click here to log in as a user and explore Carbonate.
Yes, Carbonate HR is available in the mobile app. You may download the application from Google Play Store for Android devices or the iOS App Store for MacIntosh or Apple devices. You may refer to the following user guides for the step-by-step procedure:
Tired of remembering too many passwords? We do, too!
In Carbonate HR, we can reset your password by providing your email address. When entering the email address, make sure that it is correct, as we will send the link to reset your password.
Once you receive an email, follow the instructions therein. Set a new but strong password and make sure that you remember it.
Below is the user guide to help you in resetting the password.
Still, have some issues?
I entered the wrong email address. What will I do?
- Repeat the procedure by clicking the Forgot password. Then, enter the correct email address.
I have not received the email.
- Check your email by the following methods:
- Make sure that your internet connection is working.
- Refresh your browser.
- Check the inbox, including the Spam box.
- Clear some cookies.
- Check your email by the following methods:
Do you have a requirement for a password?
- None. But, we highly recommend creating a strong password comprised of any combination of letters, numbers, and symbols (ASCII-standard characters only). A strong password must be memorable to you but nearly impossible for someone else to guess.
If you are stuck somewhere while scrolling the application or facing any issue, you can help improve Carbonate HR by giving us feedback about any problems you're having.
Do not worry, we are here to help and guide you in each and every step.
Below is the process of reporting an issue.
Attendance is one of the best modules in Carbonate HR. In just a few clicks, you can easily perform your attendance for the day.
Our attendance section has the following features:
- User Friendly. Even the most novice employee can easily check in and check out in Carbonate.
- Fast. You only need as few as two clicks to check in and check out.
- Cool Dashboard. View your attendance log on one page and double-check your time.
- Accurate. We ensure that logins are correct as this is the basis of payroll, leave, appraisal, compensation, and more!
- Smart and Intuitive. We have different ways to perform the attendance in Carbonate HR to follow your company policy and the ever-changing technology.
Different ways to perform the attendance in Carbonate HR
To start checking in and out, here are the different ways to perform attendance in Carbonate HR:
- Attendance from mobile devices
- Attendance from the web browser
- Manual attendance
- Perform Attendance in the Workspace
Yes, you can perform the attendance via the web browser.
First, the Admin or the Manager with Attendance privilege should enable the browser attendance from here. Once done, you can simply go to the attendance module and perform the attendance.
To guide you in proper performing of attendance from the web browser, kindly read the user guide below.
Other ways to perform the attendance in Carbonate HR
Aside from workspace attendance, here are the different ways to perform attendance in Carbonate HR:
Carbonate HR makes finding the attendance logs simple and easy. In the attendance section, the attendance logs contain the details of the time and location you checked in and out. These can be filtered from:
- Last 7 days
- Last 30 days
Every time you check-in and check out, the attendance is recorded and will serve as a basis for processing payroll and tracking attendance and leave.
For more detailed instruction on how to view your attendance logs, you may refer to this guide below.
Yes, in Carbonate we do have an option to export attendance data for multiple users. Click here to know the steps and check the record of attendance data for the users.
Did your staff forget to perform the attendance for past dates? No worries we have an option to import the previous record in Carbonate. Click here to find out the steps for importing attendance records in Carbonate.
Yes, we do have an option to monitor live attendance data for the staff. Click right here to check out the steps. Kindly note Live attendance will only be visible to the higher hierarchy people like the admin role in Carbonate.
Want to verify the data for overtime compensation of users. Click here to view the compensation data export options.
Want to know who came early or late on which day? Relax, we have all the records for you. Click here to find out the data for short attendance data for the users.
Using the thermal scan devices for attendance, Cool! We will help and guide each step for setting up thermal scan devices. Click here to find out the steps.
Yes, you can convert your normal smartphone into a face scan device. Click here to find out the steps.
Note: This setup will require an additional subscription using Microsoft face scan services.
Applying for a leave application on Carbonate can be done in a few simple clicks. Click here to find out the steps for applying for any type of leave.
Yes, you can apply for leave while being on probation. Simply enable the settings to be able to apply for leave application while being on probation.
You can approve/reject the leave for the user with a few simple clicks. Click here to find out the steps and approve/reject the leave.
Want to edit a leave application? It is very easy, Click here to know about the steps for editing the leave.
If you want to cancel your own or your staff’s leave application, click here to know the process for canceling the leave.
Carbonate keeps and manages leave application records nice and tidy. Click here to find out more about it.
It is quite easy. Click here to find out the steps for viewing your personal leave.
If you wish to apply for leave for others in Carbonate, click here to find out the steps for applying for leave on behalf of others.
If you wish to apply for leave for PH in Carbonate in advance, it is quite easy. Click here to find out the steps for applying for PH leave in advance.
You can view all the leave applications on one single screen. Click here to know more.
Want to know past dated leave details for multiple users in a single report. Click here to find out the steps for exporting the user leaves and check the report.
Whether you want to import past dated leave applications or multiple users forgot to apply for the leave earlier, do not need to worry. Carbonate has a feature to import the leave applications in bulk. Click here to find out the steps for importing user leaves in Carbonate.
You indeed can generate a leave encashment report before you add this encashment into the payroll, click here to find out the steps to generate the leave encashment report.
Yes, you can export users’ leave balance reports from Carbonate. Click here to find out more.
Yes, you can import the leave balance into the Carbonate system. Click here to know the about leave balance import process in Carbonate.
Yes, Carbonate does support the Mandarin/Chinese language. To set the language preference, go to the personal settings page and set your preferred language. Click here to know the steps for choosing a preferred language.
In Carbonate you can easily switch to multiple accounts with a few simple clicks. Check this user guide to learn more about it.
You can enable or disable notifications for different modules like leave, payroll, attendance, etc. Simple tick on the check-box you wish to receive notifications and you are done. Click here to find out the steps for receiving the notifications.
Carbonate lets you manage multiple entities within a Carbonate account. Click here to find out the steps for updating your company details into Carbonate.
On the Carbonate system, you can add multiple bank account numbers for each one of your entities. You can choose to generate a GIRO file from any of these accounts. Click here to know about the steps.
Carbonate HR lets you manage your staff information securely. You can click here to find out more about adding a new user into Carbonate.
Please do keep in view your subscription limit. You can always extend your subscription limit whenever you want.
In case you ever need to update our staff profile information, click here to step by step guide on how to update staff profile information.
Your data is well protected with us. However, if you find yourself in a situation where you need to export one, multiple or all the employees’ profile information, click here to know more about it.
You should never delete a staff account from the Carbonate system. You are required to keep your employee’s data with you for a certain period of time even if the employee is no longer working with you. Rather, you should be changing the status to “Resigned” to keep the data protected and accessible as and when needed. However, if this account was created by mistake, or if you really need to delete an account, you can click here to know the steps for deleting an account.
You can import users in Carbonate in a very easy way. Click here to know about the steps for importing the users.
As soon as the employee hands over the resignation letter, you should change the status to “serving notice” and set the resignation and expected last working days in the profile. On the last working day of the employee, you should change the employment status to resign, Click here to find out more.
The Carbonate system tracks all the changes done to the employee profile with time and date stamps and the person who changed the information. To export the audit trail you can click here to find out the steps by step guide about it.
You can give privileges to a manager role and give additional permissions for different modules. These privileges can be assigned on different levels e.g. entities, outlets, ranks, departments, etc. Click here to find out the steps for giving privileges to a manager profile.
You can add an outlet in Carbonate with a few simple clicks. Click here to know about the steps for adding a new outlet in Carbonate.
There are two ways to assign employees to an outlet.
You can go to the staff list and assign employees to an outlet by opening their profiles individually, click here to know more about it. In the employee profile, you can manage primary and accessible outlets.
The second way is to assign the employees to an outlet, directly from the outlet click on this link to check out the steps. With this method, you can only give access to employees of this outlet but cannot assign employees to it as a primary outlet.
- You can assign multiple outlets to a user in Carbonate for performing the attendance. Click here to know about the steps for assigning an outlet to a user.
- Filters in the staff list module can save you a lot of time and effort in looking for an employee profile, especially when you are a big organisation. You have a number of criteria to filter out the results you want. Click here to find out the steps for applying filters in Carbonate.
- 2FA is an additional security feature on Carbonate to prevent false attempts at accessing your account. If you enable 2FA on the Carbonate system, you will receive a unique authentication code, everytime you try logging into your account click here to check out more.
Note: in order to use 2FA, you must have a valid and accessible email account to receive the authentication code.
- You can permit your employees to view the allowed radius of an outlet from the outlet settings page you may click here to find out the steps for location visibility preference for outlets.
- Ranks are groups of employees in an organisation having similar employment policies. Creating ranks is easy, click here to reach the user guide to learn more about it.
- Even though employees will not be able to see their colleagues’ personal information, other than name, phone number and email address, you still can hide the employees’ name in the staff list, click here to find out the steps for restricting staff team visibility.
- Yes, you can restrict org. chart visibility to employees in Carbonate. Check our user guide here to know about the steps for org. Chart visibility from the staff.
- Carbonate HR does not only support Public Holidays but you also can set your policies for public holidays. Here is the link to the user guide to setup public holidays
- Set policy for working on a public holiday
- Set policy if a Public holiday falls on a non-working day
- Set policy if a Public Holiday falls on Sunday
- The Carbonate HR system takes care of most of the leave types and their policies. At the same time, the system allows you the flexibility to modify the policies to comply with your company policies. Here is how you can create new leave types and also update the policies on the existing leave types.
- You can perform the check-in & out with photos & remarks. Click here to find out the steps to add photos & remarks in Carbonate.
- Yes, on carbonate HR, you can manage unpaid break hours on an individual level profile. Follow the steps available on the user guide available here.
- Once you have completed the payroll of the month, you can generate a CPF text file which you can upload on the CPF portal for the online CPF submission. Click here to find out the details on generating CPF in Carbonate.
- Carbonate HR lets you do your things, your way. You can follow the steps available here to download an importable template for the past payroll and once you have completed the template, you can follow the same user guide to import the file into the system.
- Yes, you can approve claims using Carbonate. Click here to know about the steps for approving claims in Carbonate.
- Yes, you can export claims in Carbonate. Click here to find out the steps for exporting claims.
- Reporting manager, a manager with privileges and any admin can submit a claim on behalf of a staff member. The process is really simple, here is the user guide to find out more.
- Once you have generated the payroll on the Carbonate system, all you have to do is to download a GIRO file from the system and upload it into your company bank account. All the payment details, including employees’ names, bank account numbers and their respective salaries will be uploaded to your bank account. After that, all you have to do is to verify and approve the transaction. You can find a step by step guide to generating the GIRO file here.
- You can export all or filtered payslips from the Carbonate system in PDF format. By following the steps available on the user guide here, you can download all of those payslips.
- Yes, you can email payslips in PDF format to selective or all the employees from the Carbonate system. Click here to find out the steps to send the payslip to the employees.
- To download the payslips history report in an excel format, please click here to find out the steps for downloading the payslip.
- Yes, after generating the payroll on the Carbonate HR, you can push the payroll data to your Xero account. Here is a link to find out more details.
- Yes, you can push your payroll data from Carbonate to QuickBooks. Click here to find out the steps for linking and pushing the payroll data from Carbonate to QuickBooks.
- Yes, you can delete payslip for the users in Carbonate with a few easy steps. Click here to find out the user guide to delete the payslip on Carbonate.
- Carbonate HR system prorates the payslips automatically for the employees joining or resigning in the middle of a month in the bulk payroll. However, you do have an option to prorate the payslips manually.
Click here to prorate the payslip for the resigning employee
Click here to prorate the payslip for the new joining employee
Please note once you have changed the employment status of the resigned staff from the profile and generated the payslip manually, this employee will not appear in the bulk payroll.
If you have generated the payslip of the new joining employee, please exclude this employee from the bulk payroll.
- Carbonate HR is truly a global HR system. If you are using Carbonate HR in a country of which it does not support the payroll, it gives an option to upload your own generated payslips to centralise all the data in one place. Here is a user guide for you to follow to upload the payslip in PDF format.
- Carbonate calculates employees’ CPF as per MOM regulations. It is an automated function and you do not have to calculate anything manually. Please ensure to key in all the mandatory information required to calculate CPF. Here is some help to ensure if all the information is in place to calculate the CPF accurately.
- Yes, you can enable additional password protection of the payslips when downloaded in PDF format. The password will be the individual’s NRIC/FIN (case sensitive). Click here to find more about it.
- Yes, we do have an option to provide a standard report for YTD payroll details per entity or for all entities in one report. Click here to find out the steps for exporting the YTD payroll data.
- You can add the individual entities logo or one standard logo on the payslips. Click here to find a step by step user guide to implementing it.
- On Carbonate, we provide two versions of the payslip format/layout. Both the layouts provide comprehensive details of the payroll breakdown. Both the format/layout are customisable and you can add or remove the additional items from the payslip. Click here to view and choose a payslip layout.
- Whether you need to extend your subscription or upgrade your Carbonate plan, you can pay your subscription fees via cheque. Click here to find more details.
- Whether you need to extend your subscription or upgrade your Carbonate plan, you can pay for your Carbonate subscription fee online using a credit card. Click here to find out the steps to upgrade your plan.
- Yes, Carbonate gives you the flexibility to generate the report the way you want to. Click here to find out the steps to create a custom report template builder.
- Tracking your company assets via Carbonate is really simple. Click here to find out more about how you can manage your company assets on Carbonate.
- Carbonate HR gives you a flexible way to create and publish your employees’ handbook. You can maintain multiple versions for multiple groups of employees. You can find a step by step user guide here.
- Yes, you can create multiple exit interview templates on Carbonate. You can initiate an exit interview template when you change the employee status to “Resigned” in the employee profile. Here is the link to find out more about creating exit interview templates.
- Yes, you can create and send announcements via Carbonate to a group of employees based on their ranks, outlets, entities or individuals on the Carbonate HR system. You can even make it mandatory to respond to this broadcast announcement.
Another function of the announcement is to broadcast an available job for a particular skill set so that interested employees can make availability known to the company. Clicking here will lead you to the user guide on how to send an announcement via Carbonate.
- Yes, Carbonate HR lets you create rosters in multiple ways, it can be shifts based, task-based, fixed timing or even employee availability based roster. You can create multiple templates for each outlet so that you can create the rosters with ease. Click here to find out more.
Creating rosters on the carbonate HR system is rather because you can set a suitable template and follow it every time. If you feel more comfortable using an excel file to create rosters, you can download a template available on the Carbonate HR system and upload it into the system and all the rosters will be created. If you require assistance, click here to find out a step by step guide on how to download, fill up and upload the roster template excel file.
- Yes, we do have an option to export the rosters in Carbonate. Click here to find out the roster exporting process in Carbonate. In this report, you can track which employee has spent how much time on which task/project and from there you can even derive the task/project cost.
- On the Carbonate HR system, you can collect feedback from your employees to gather information. It can be as simple as deciding if the company should hold an event at the beach or it can be used to collect feedback from the team members about their operational needs. You can also attach the supporting documents if needed to ensure all the participants have all the information they may need. To know more about the feedback function, you may click here.
Yes, we do have an option to broadcast a task via Carbonate looping in all the employees who have the required skill set for the job. With this feature, you can find resources within your organization without any delays. You can find more information on this by clicking here.
Carbonate HR is a perfect tool in helping you organise and schedule the meeting rooms, be it an online room or physical room. The Digital Workspace module allows you to create a list of all the meeting rooms at your office, or we refer to as physical meeting rooms.
In Workspace, the physical meeting room can be booked upon its availability. You will input the schedule by selecting the day and the time. When someone books a reservation, it will block everyone from making a reservation. This will help you in saving the trouble of looking for a meeting room while your clients are waiting in the common area of your office.
Everything will be within your fingertips at Carbonate HR!
Carbonate HR helps you manage the schedule of the physical meeting room and helps you avoid overlapping schedules.
For more details, you can refer to the user guide below.
Carbonate HR app allows you to set up and then claim the overtime for off in lieu (time off). The employees can fill up a claim form for working overtime and the reporting manager, manager with privileges or admin can approve that claim and the off in lieu will be added into the employees leave balance automatically. Click here to find out more about setting up the off in lieu claim options and also about how to submit a claim form for off in lieu.
You can set as many as claims you want to and you can also set monetary limitations for each claim category. You can even set limitation of the main claim category and create subcategories of a claim type and set limitations for it. Once the setup of the claims is done nicely, you are set for a smooth journey. Click here to learn more about the claim categories setup.
On the Carbonate HR system, you can define your commission structure or individual employees and allow them to use a claim form to submit their commissions. Those commissions are subjected to a manager, a manager with privileges and admins approval. Once the commissions are approved, those will directly be added to the next payroll and the CPF will also be calculated according to the CPF regulations. Adding a new commission is really easy in Carbonate. Click here to find more details on how to set up commissions via claim form.
When a claim form is filled up on the Carbonate system, the submission person selects the approver. Normally it is the reporting manager to whom the claims are submitted to. However, the admin can assign a designated person who can give final approval to the claim. The claim can either be settled by paying in cash or it can be approved to be added to the next payroll. The claims are usually not subjected to CPF contributions and the system will add these claims as reimbursements which are not subjected to any tax and CPF contributions. You may click here to access the user guide to assign the final approver for the claims.
Carbonate HR system allows you to create a complete academy of videos and their assessments. You can upload a set of videos on the system, create the assessments and set the passing criteria for each training course. You can find out more about creating courses on the Carbonate HR system here. You can also find a user guide on how to take a training course on the Carbonate HR system here
Checking your profile helps you ensure that all the details entered in the Carbonate HR are correct and accurate. In Carbonate HR, the user’s profile is located at the top right corner of the dashboard. Upon logging in to the Carbonate account, the user’s profile is visible.
Below is a user guide to check your profile on Carbonate.
Should you have trouble logging in to your profile, you may check this out:
Yes, we do have an option to mark rest days for any user on the roster module. As an admin/manager you can simply select the particular employee and mark rest day for a particular day. Here is a user guide that will help you understand the whole process of marking a rest day.
Yes, you can set a leave notice period for applying for the leave on Carbonate, while doing the settings within the leave type settings. You can find out more about the leave settings from the following guide link here.
Generally, the leaves are approved by the reporting managers. But you can set final approvers also for approving leave for any leave type. To implement the same in Carbonate kindly click here.
Yes, you can assign final approvers for approving claims of the staff. But kindly check if the staff has submitted the claims, to find out more about the claims submission please click here. Once the claim is submitted, you can assign final approvers to settle the claims for the users.
Yes, you can easily find out the short attendance data in Carbonate. Click here to find out the steps for exporting the short attendance data.
Yes, we do have an option to edit the claim limit in Carbonate. Once the limits of the claims are added in Carbonate you can easily edit them. Click here to find the steps to editing the claim limit.
Yes, we can perform the auto check out if the employee forgot to perform the check at the end of the day once their shift ends. To know how it works in Carbonate, click here to find out.
Want to take courses and assessments for the relevant people in your organization. Well, you can easily do the same only on Carbonate. Click here to find out the steps for taking courses and assessments in Carbonate.
You can easily set an alert for your employee's birthday. Click here to find out the steps for enabling the birthday alert in Carbonate.
Want to set an alert for your staff employment anniversary? Carbonate can send a reminder with staff employment anniversary in just a few simple clicks. Click here to find out the steps for setting an alert for staff employment anniversary.
Yes, we do have an option for setting an alert for passport expiry for your staff. Click here to find out the steps to set up the alert for passport expiry for your staff.
Yes, we do have a feature for compensation alerts for the staff. Click here to find out the steps to enable the alert for compensation of the staff.
Yes, we do have a feature for setting an alert for the staff documents’ expiry. Click here to find out the steps to set an alert for staff document expiry.
Yes, we do have a feature for setting an alert for the employee approaching confirmation. Click here to find out the steps to set an alert for staff document expiry.
It is really easy to find out the same in Carbonate. Click here to find out the steps for late check-in and early leave alert.
Yes, you can hide the Organizational Chart visibility from your staff. Click here to find out the steps in doing so.
To restrict the activity feed in the dashboard for your staff, you can simply do the same with a few clicks. Click here to find out the steps to implement the same in Carbonate.
Importing staff into the staff list is very easy. Click here to find out the steps in Carbonate.
Yes, you can easily create a poll with specific skill sets in Carbonate. Click here to find out the steps.
It is really easy to set a weekly type for the Roster settings. Click here to find out the steps in this guide.
Yes, we do have an option to give access to multiple outlets to an employee. Click here to find out the steps to accessing multiple outlets for an employee.
Yes, we do have an option to send announcements for specific outlets. Click here to find out the steps in this guide.
Yes, you can delete multiple roster tasks in Carbonate quickly. Click here to find out the steps to deleting multiple tasks in rosters.
Yes, you can create an announcement with responses and attachments in Carbonate with a few simple steps. Click here and follow the instructions.
Want to do a round-up for attendance for your staff? Click here to find out the steps for rounding up the attendance timings.
You can easily set overtime per hour salary from the attendance settings. Click here to find out the steps in setting that in Carbonate.
Want to set an alert for leave expiry? Click here to find out the steps for leave expiry in Carbonate.
If you want to set an alert for the salary increment date, you can easily follow few simple steps. Click here to find out.
Yes, we do have an option in setting a monthly overtime limit. Click here for the step-by-step procedure.
Yes, we do have an option to set a weekly overtime limit. Click here for the step-by-step procedure.
Appraisal time! In Carbonate, the appraisal process is pretty easy and in just a few simple steps. Click here to find out the steps for adding the success factors in Carbonate.
Yes, you can set bi-annual appraisal process in Carbonate. To implement the same, please click here and follow the simple steps.
Yes, you can create a rank for all the users and make a group/rank-based round-up timing for attendance. Click here to find out the steps for adding ranks for attendance round-up timings in Carbonate.
Yes, we do have an option to view the roster for the same department of users. Click here to find the steps.
Yes, we do have an option to receive alerts for pro-rated leaves. Click here for the steps.
Yes, Carbonate allows canceling of personal leaves. Click here to find out the procedure.
Yes, we do have an option to set childcare and infant care leave sharing. Click here to find out the steps to sharing the leave types. Kindly add the required details in identifying the concerned staff profile for the eligibility of these leave types.
Yes, we do have an option to submit claims without attachment in Carbonate. Click here to find out how.
Click the following guide to find the steps in choosing the labor type for compensation if someone works on Public Holidays or Non-working days.
Yes, we can approve/reject the feedback once the user submits it in Carbonate. Click here for the steps for feedback form approval.
Yes, Carbonate can do that. Click here to find out the steps for adding cost centers in Carbonate.
If you want to delete the cost centers, you may click here for the steps in deleting cost centers.
Yes, we do have that option in Carbonate. Click here to find the procedure for adding subcategories for different types of claims. Please check if you have added the claims type in Carbonate before adding the sub-categories.
Yes, we do have the option to add a claim with co-fund and enable the same for your employees in Carbonate. Click here for the steps.
To generate a Transferwise file in Carbonate, you may click here to find out the steps.
Want to fix the rate for the number of kilometers traveled by your staff? Defining the rate for mileage claims is easy and can be done with a few simple steps. Click here for the procedure.
Yes, Carbonate may allow attendance from the workspace. Click here to find the steps for allowing attendance from the workspace.
Carbonate HR promote team collaboration and efficient task management with our Workspace section. Anyone from the member may add the tasks provided they are permitted to create tasks. Generally, the Admin may allow the Managers and Staff to add the tasks.
When you add the tasks, you may also have the option to do the following:
- Assign tasks for each employee
- Broadcast task
- Auto-shuffle based on availability
If you are permitted to add the tasks, you may refer to this user guide to help you out.
Updating inventory is one of the most manageable tasks in Carbonate, and can be done with a few clicks. Click here to find out the steps for updating inventory in Carbonate.
Did you create an event under Carbonate, and you want to view it along with other events? Then, you can easily view it in Calendar format. Click here to find the steps for viewing the events in Carbonate.
If the race of your staff is not included in the list, you can easily add it to the menu of the staff profile. Simply type in the race under the particular cell. Find out more by clicking here.
If you wish to disable the SDL contribution for your staff, just click here and follow the instructions.
Carbonate can calculate SHG funds easily. Before calculating the contribution details, please make sure that staff is added to the staff list along with the mandatory information. Click here to know about the steps to calculate SHG funds.
In Carbonate, the Admin can declare a day as half-day. The steps in setting a half-day for a particular working day are here.
Setting an optional day for a particular working day is really easy in Carbonate. Click here to view the steps in doing so.
For employees working on daily fixed shifts, the Admin can declare a day as monthly partial off and variations for its occurrences in a month. Check it out here for the steps in setting a specific working day as a monthly partial off day.
Yes, we do have an option to view all the roster in all outlets per day. Click here to know about the steps in this easy guide.
If you want to view the roster by week per outlet, click here to find the steps in this user guide.
Annual leave increment can be done in Carbonate without any hassle. Click here to find out the steps to increase the annual leave for the staff and get the system to compute it automatically.
If you wish to set an annual leave increment only for a particular group of users, it can be done from the leave/holiday settings with a few simple setups. Click here to know the easy-to-follow steps.
If you have enabled the leave encashment policy from the leave settings for the active staff, it can also be encashed for the resigned staff. Click here to find out the steps for enabling the leave encashment policy and pay to the user.
Yes, we do have an option to prorate payroll for the resigned staff. Click here for the procedure in the user guide.
Yes, we do provide an option for you to choose where all the claims are included in the payslip. Click here to find the steps in this easy guide.
Yes, we do have an option to provide privilege to managers only for the roster. Click here to find the steps on how you can give administrative privileges.
Privileges are a way to give a similar level of access like an admin to the manager. Yes, we do have an option to provide only company-level settings privileges to a manager. Click here to find out the steps on how you can do the same.
Managers can manage staff attendance, compensation, leave applications, rosters, and claims of the reporting staff, but you can give privileges to managers to access more on the staff profiles. Click here to find the easy-to-follow steps in doing so and also the privileges that managers can do.
Yes, we do. Carbonate can allow Administrative access to a particular group of employees, such as managers, to perform admin-level access and actions for the Assets. Click here to find how you can set it up.
Yes. Carbonate can provide Administrative access to certain managers to perform admin-level access and actions for payroll. Once you give the payroll privilege, the concerned manager can generate payroll for the relevant people. Click here to learn more about this.
Yes, the Admin can provide certain managers with Administrative access to perform admin-level access and actions for leave. Once the leave privilege is given to the manager, the concerned person can control and update leave-related tasks for the relevant people. Click here to find out the steps in this easy guide.
Yes, we do have an option so that Admin can provide attendance-level settings privileges to a manager. The concerned manager can control all the attendance-related tasks for the selected people. Check this easy guide here for the steps in doing so.
Yes. Carbonate can give certain managers Administrative access to perform admin-level access & actions for the claim. Click here to find out the steps for providing this privilege to the manager.
Yes, Carbonate can allow the Admin to provide privileges to managers. By giving administrative privileges, certain managers can perform admin-level access & actions for the loans. Click here for the easy-to-follow steps.
Yes. In Carbonate, once the manager is given Administrative access, they would be able to create a new Staff profile. Click here to find out the steps in this guide.
Yes. At Carbonate, there is an option for the staff to create their roster. Click here to know about the steps for setting up & creating their own roster.
Yes, at Carbonate, the Admin can set the company preference to let managers create their own roster. Click here to know about the steps for setting up & creating their roster by the manager.
Yes, Carbonate can capture screenshots of the employee's screen and continuously send them to the server at fixed intervals from digital workspace options. Click here to find out the steps in doing the same.
Yes, the Admin or someone with admin privilege has an option to delete a particular attendance record from the system. Please check if you have performed the attendance via application or the web app. Click here to find out the steps.
Yes, but first, please check if you have performed the attendance via application or in place of the web app. As an admin or with admin privileges you can modify a particular attendance record. Click here to learn how you can do it.
Yes, in Carbonate, you can opt to add extra details under the payslip summary. As a user of Carbonate, you can choose and select the component you want to view in the payslip, such as leave balance. Click here to know about the steps.
Yes, in Carbonate, you can opt to select the payslip components while generating bulk payrolls such as allowances and deductions. Check this out here for an easy guide.
In Carbonate, you can easily make the admin roster visible to the staff. Here is the user guide for the step-by-step procedure.
Yes, Carbonate may let you add a sub-department in settings. Once it is added into the settings, you can choose and select the same from the employment tab of the staff profile. Here is a user guide to add the sub-departments in Carbonate.
Yes, deleting multiple rosters in Carbonate takes a few clicks. Here is a user guide for the multiple roster deletion process in Carbonate.
Want to follow the Team structure for the leave application? It can be implemented in Carbonate with a few steps. Here is a user guide that will help you set up leave application processes that follow the Team structure.
Yes, we do have an option to auto-approve off in place of compensation for attendance. Here is a user guide that will help you set up the auto-approval process for off in place of compensation for attendance.
Yes, we can notify the manager when the staff is absent from their shift. Kindly check out this user guide that will help you set up the process for the same.
We can restrict the leave type from being used for a full day for the user. Kindly find the following link for the user guide that will help you implement this feature on Carbonate.
Yes, we can filter the attendance records for the user concerning clock in & out. Please check that the user has performed the attendance first before applying a filter to check the data. Here is a user guide to filter the data concerning clock in & out.
Carbonate can allow viewing the roster in day view and see if any user performed attendance apart from the schedule-created tasks. Here is a user guide on how you can enable viewing the day view of the roster.
Yes, you can generate the MOM Survey report in Carbonate very easily. Here is a user guide that you can follow to generate the said report.
We do have the option to monitor the person that acknowledges the employee handbook. Here is the helpful user guide that you can follow.
We do have an option to change the RO and approver for an ongoing appraisal. Check out the user guide to know about the process.
Yes, Carbonate can merge the OT hours & values in the payroll. At first, please make sure the overtime compensation is generated for the user for the particular period. Once it is done, you can merge OT hours & values in the payroll. Following is the user guide about the entire setup and implementation of this feature.
Yes, we can add job designation to the payslip if you wish to. Kindly follow the user guide link to implement this feature on Carbonate.
In Carbonate, you can check the active and leave employees on the roster. Kindly check out this user guide to check the status of the users.
Yes, you can filter the attendance based on the number of days. Here is a user guide on how you can show attendance records as per the applied filter.
Yes, we can upload FWL details on Carbonate. The attached report will generally be ready on MOM’s website on the 5th day of every month or the next earliest working day should the 5th day falls on the weekend or Public Holidays. More so, it must be exportable in CSV format. Kindly click this user guide to learn about uploading the FWL details on Carbonate.
Yes, staff can edit their information subjected to approval. At first, please make sure the staff profile is added into Carbonate before making any changes. Once the staff profile is added, the concerned employee can request approval to update the information. Then admin/admin privileges can approve from the notifications in the staff list, and profile information for the staff will be updated accordingly. Following is the link for the user guide that will help you implement this feature on Carbonate.
Yes, Carbonate can run the payroll in batches. Instead of hours or days, Carbonate can process the payroll in a matter of a few minutes. Here is a user guide that will help you set up this process related to payroll.
Yes, In Carbonate, you can add the attachments such as documents and photos while adding the assets. Here is a user guide that will help you know this process.
In the roster, employees may not have their fixed working days, and rest days are frequently changing. Should you wish to mark rest days for employees on the roster, you may kindly check out this user guide for the quick and easy steps.
Payment for FWL will be made separately as of now (unlike CPF), but there may be further integrations planned for direct payment. Kindly make sure the work permit number is added to the Staff profile. Here is a user guide that will help you understand the process for uploading the FWL details.
Yes, we have a privilege option to let the Staff edit the profile-related information. First, kindly make sure the staff is added to the Staff list of Carbonate. Once the staff is added, you can set up the profile privilege option with the following user guide.
Admin/staff can now set their password for viewing the payslip in Carbonate. But first, a payslip must already be generated in the system and allows payslip viewing. Here is a user guide that will help you understand the process of setting a password for viewing the payslip.
Yes, we can set the compensation preference for employees working on a leave day. Here is a user guide that will help you set up this feature on Carbonate.
Yes, deleting claims in Carbonate can be done in bulk. Click here to know about the process of bulk deleting claims for the users in Carbonate.
Carbonate lets you track the number of working hours while generating payroll for hourly payroll staff. Before generating the payroll, kindly ensure the staff is added. At the employment tab, please select the payslip period as hourly. Once done, here is a guide that will help you understand the procedure to get the employees’ total work.
Yes, we do have an option to send an alert for the employee shift time. When the scheduling manager prepared the roster, the employee will get a notification about the schedule. Kindly make sure the personal notifications settings are switched on to check in and out. Once the settings are updated, click here to determine the steps to alert for the employee shift time.
If you wish to mark rest day & off day in the staff profile to mark their status, kindly make sure you have enabled the settings for the same. Click here to find out the steps for marking off the day & rest from the staff profile.
In appraisal, you can set and specify the rank within the department when setting up the success factors in appraisal. To proceed with this, you can click here to find out the steps to set up the ranks within the department.
Yes, we do have an option to add success factors for the appraisal process. This would help make the organization stay transparent and objective. Click here to know about the steps for adding success factors in setting up appraisal under Carbonate.
In Carbonate, you can define overtime compensation for the staff based on the basic salary and implement the same from the attendance settings. Here is a user guide that will help you determine the overtime based on the basic pay for the employees.
In Carbonate, you can fix slots in the roster where you can put names on it. Explore this easy guide here for the steps in setting up slots in the roster.
If you wish to fetch the data using the thermal scan device, please ensure you have done the proper setup for the thermal scanner under attendance settings. Kindly find the user guide that will help you set up a thermal scan device for attendance.
Once the settings are updated, you can click here for the steps in fetching the data using a thermal scan device.
Carbonate can generate the employee number automatically and ensure that no employees have the same number. Click here to know about the steps to auto-generate the employee number.
If the company stipulates that the carrying forward leave is limited to a certain percentage, Carbonate lets you set it up. Please check if you have added the leave types before making these changes. Once added, here is a user guide that will help you set the limit for the maximum carry forwarded leave.
For MOM compliance, you need to export the leave forms such as Maternity, Paternity, and Child Care from Carbonate. Then you will need to send it to the MOM board for filing.
But first, kindly check if the staff is added to Carbonate before making any changes. Once the staff is added, click on this user guide to help you export the leave forms from Carbonate.
When a staff resigned, the law mandated that the company have to keep its records. Similarly, there is a need for a backup or personal email where you can send the essential documents.
If you wish to send payslips and other documents whenever a staff leaves the company, Carbonate can facilitate this process. But first, please check that the staff is added to the staff list before making any changes. Once done, you may click here to know about the process for sending documents through a back-up email to the resigned staff.
If you wish to generate the IR21 form under Carbonate, you have to generate the payslip first. Once done, you may click here to know more about the steps for generating the IR21 form.
If you want to fetch the thermal scan data for the users by outlets, you can follow the easy steps in Carbonate. First, please check if you correctly set up the thermal scan device before fetching the data by outlets. Once the device setup is done, you may refer to this user guide to help you bring the data using a thermal scan device.
Yes, we do have an option to fetch the user profile image from the thermal scan device. Kindly check if you have set up the thermal scan device correctly. Once the general setup for the thermal scan device is completed, you can fetch the profile images from the device, and you may refer to this easy guide here.
In supervising employees, it is important to view the staff who are on leave. In carbonate, you can view these staff on leave in calendar format. You can also view their leave details. Click here to know more.
In managing claims, it is necessary to have prompt action in claim requests. To facilitate this process faster, Carbonate lets you send an alert to Admin and designated approvers for claim requests.
Before doing so, please make sure the claims are submitted by the staff. Once the claims are submitted, please follow this user guide that will help to understand how to send reminders and alerts to the approvers for pending claims.
At a glance, you need to get everything set up.
As an Admin, your primary role would be to create and maintain the company structure, outlets, and staff, as well as manage the global settings. At times, you might need to send an announcement or approve leave for someone. Understand the setup and all features to fully maximise the Carbonate HR for your organisation.
To get you started, here are the following important steps to make to start enjoying the Carbonate HR.
- Download our mobile app. Note, however, that only the web app has a full set of features for you.
- Get a demo to get a quick tour of our features.
- Sign up for the Carbonate account. This is FREE. But, if you feel that Carbonate HR is a match, then you may get the HRMS Subscription Plans.
- Log in to your account and start creating the company structure.
Now, you are all set to start HR's daily grind in an automated system!
When things seem challenging, just keep in touch with our support team to help you out.
Yes, of course. But, this is only possible if the Admin or Manager with Attendance privilege allows the attendance to be performed inside the workspace section. Once it is enabled from the Digital Workspace setting, a check-in button will appear in the Workspace, and here, the employees may perform their attendance.
Below is the user guide for your reference:
If there is no check-in button shown in the Workspace section, then attendance in the Workspace is not allowed.
Other ways to perform the attendance in Carbonate HR
Aside from workspace attendance, here are the different ways to perform attendance in Carbonate HR:
Yes. When you allow the employees to retake the course assessment in Carbonate HR, there is a field box to input the number you prefer for retakes. You may find this user guide helpful for this.
Yes. In the Carbonate HR Onboarding module, when the employee takes the assessment several times, all of the results will show up. Generally, the default is to show the result for the latest attempt. When you toggle the “Show highest assessment result” button as you create a new course, it will show the highest result at the top.
For more details, you may refer to the user guide below.
The Carbonate HR features an advanced filter when selecting the poll recipients. Here, the "Send to" part should allow multiple layers of filtering for a more targeted group of poll recipients. Once this function is enabled, there will be the option to select the recipients based on the outlet, department, entity, and skillset.
Follow this user guide for more details.
Still, can’t find who you are looking for?
Kindly ensure that the Carbonate HR system has added the outlet, department, entity, and skillset. If not, then you may refer to the user guides below.
The Carbonate HR features an advanced filter when selecting the announcement recipient. Here, the "Send to" part should allow multiple layers of filtering for a more targeted group of recipients. Once this function is enabled, there will be the option to select the recipients based on the outlet, department, entity, and skillset.
Follow this user guide for more details.
Still, can’t find who you are looking for?
Kindly ensure that the Carbonate HR system has added the outlet, department, entity, and skillset. If not, then you may refer to the user guides below.
You can redirect notifications from several accounts to the main account by setting the main account as primary while the rest as secondary. In personal settings, you can easily select by just ticking the box on the respective account.
Once the primary account is assigned, you will receive all the notifications in just one account, which is the primary account. However, you can also disable this function and ignore the notification feature.
For more details, kindly refer to the user guide below.
If you are a manager and several team members report to you, you may be given an attendance privilege. The Attendance privilege gives you access to the Attendance module to perform all attendance related actions for other employees in organization under your team or supervision.
One of the attendance related actions is managing the attendance request from your team members. When the member checks in or check out, you will have to approve or reject the attendance.
Follow the user guide below on how you can manage the team attendance request for more details.
We understand you as much as we have been there. There may be times that you have missed checking out and you need to ensure that you have logged in your attendance.
In Carbonate HR, you can easily check your missed checkout from our attendance module. Missed checkouts appear if employees did not check out for more than 14 hours. Once you checked them, you will be able to determine which ones need adjustment.
Kindly refer to the user guide below for the step by step procedure.
You can add up to 20 documents per employee. Each document can have a maximum file size of 8mb