Child Care Leave Pro-ration
In a child care leave, we follow the MOM or the applicable governing labour laws herein. When the child care leave pro-ration is enabled, the following rules would be applicable.
- I.E: If the Staff is a new hire and entitled to 6 days of childcare leave per year, you may pro-rate the childcare leave based on the duration of Staff employment, subject to a minimum of 2 days.
|Completed months of service||Eligible days of childcare leave|
- If an employee is leaving a job, then the following rules will be applied.
- I.E: If the employee has worked for the company for at least 3 months before leaving, the childcare leave will be pro-rated based on the completed months of service in the year of resignation or termination.
|Completed months of service in the year of resignation or termination||Eligible days of childcare leave|
|0 to 2||2 (assuming you have worked for your employer for at least 3 months before leaving)|
I.E: If the employee joins in Jan - 2021 and 2022, in this scenario, we will do the solution below.
- There is no leave carry forward.
- If the employee continues with the same employer and does not resign, he directly gets all 6 leaves in starting. The proration setting is only for the Freshers.
I.E: If the Staff have worked for more than 3 months and have resigned from the company on 15 March 2015.
Solution: The pro-rated childcare leave will be based on 2 months (January and February 2015). Hence, the Staff be entitled to 2 days of childcare leave.
When the proration setting is enabled, all employee child care leave with prorated logic will be automatically updated as well as when an employee resigned or after resigned confirmed. When the Admin changes the employee joining date, the pro-ration setting will also be affected because it affects the work experience.
Before doing so, the Staff employment status must be updated. Below is the user guide for your reference.
Only the Admin and Managers with Leave Privileges may perform this setting.
Scroll down to the Child care leave sharing section.
On “Do you want to Pro-rate the Child care leaves?”, toggle the Yes button.