We're here to help.
We have a list of FAQ to answer most common questions. Try the search function to find what you’re looking for. If you need further assistance, don’t be shy to reach us. Drop your question and we’ll get back to you shortly.
- Carbonate HR is an HR automation tool. It is a complete package of all the features which help to make the HR process robust and error-free. You can find out more at www.carbonateapp.com.
- Yes, Carbonate HR is a Singapore based company but we are present in Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, India and growing to other countries rapidly.
- You may have entered an incorrect username and/or password
- You may not yet have an account on the Carbonate system (please contact your HR to create an account for you)
- If you have an account on Carbonate but you are unable to recall your password, click here to reset your password via forgot password.
- Yes, Carbonate HR can calculate the following tiers of overtime
- Overtime calculation for working on a normal working day.
Click here to find out how it works on Carbonate HR.
- Overtime calculation for working on a rest day. Click Here to approve the compensation on a rest day on Carbonate HR.
- Overtime calculation for working on a public holiday. Click Here to find out how it works on Carbonate HR.
I have enabled the overtime calculation from the main settings but I still do not see the overtime calculation in the payroll.
- Signing up in Carbonate is very easy and can be done in simple steps. Click Here to know about the sign-up process as a new user.
I am an admin account holder. An employee has applied for a leave application but I did not receive an email notification do I need to change some settings?
- You will only receive the email notifications if either this employee is reporting to you directly or includes you in the list to be notified while applying for the leave applications. If this employee does not report to you and also does not include you to the list to be notified, even if you are an admin, you will not receive email or mobile notification.
- If this reports to you or has added you to the list to be notified and yet you are not receiving the email or mobile notification, you can enable the notifications from the personal tab in the settings. Click here to find out how to enable these notifications.
- Log in for the new user is quite easy, we can simply do the same with just a simple step. Click here to log in as a user and explore Carbonate.
Is the Carbonate application available on the Google play store/ios store for the users, if it is, how do I download the application on my mobile device?
- Tired of remembering too many passwords! No worries, reset the application password is really easy on Carbonate. Click Here to reset the application. Also, you can simply click on forgot password while login and you will get an email link to reset your password.
- Stuck somewhere while scrolling the application as a new user! Do not worry, we are here to help and guide you in each and every step. Click here to contact us and we will resolve your issue.
- Attendance on Carbonate can be done with a few simple clicks. If you wish to perform the attendance via application, Click here to find out more.
- Finding the record of your attendance is very easy. Click here to find out the record of the attendance as a user.
Does Carbonate have an option to export data for attendance for multiple users for a specific duration?
- Yes, in Carbonate we do have an option to export attendance data for multiple users. Click here to know the steps and check the record of attendance data for the users.
- Did your staff forget to perform the attendance for past dates? No worries we have an option to import the previous record in Carbonate. Click here to find out the steps for importing attendance records in Carbonate.
- Yes, we do have an option to monitor live attendance data for the staff. Click right here to check out the steps. Kindly note Live attendance will only be visible to the higher hierarchy people like the admin role in Carbonate.
- Want to verify the data for overtime compensation of users. Click here to view the compensation data export options.
- Want to know who came early or late on which day? Relax, we have all the records for you. Click here to find out the data for short attendance data for the users.
- Using the thermal scan devices for attendance, Cool! We will help and guide each step for setting up thermal scan devices. Click here to find out the steps.
- Yes, you can convert your normal smartphone into a face scan device. Click here to find out the steps.
Note: This setup will require an additional subscription using Microsoft face scan services.
- Applying for a leave application on Carbonate can be done in a few simple clicks. Click here to find out the steps for applying for any type of leave.
- Yes, you can apply for leave while being on probation. Simply enable the settings to be able to apply for leave application while being on probation.
- You can approve/reject the leave for the user with a few simple clicks. Click here to find out the steps and approve/reject the leave.
- Want to edit a leave application? It is very easy, Click here to know about the steps for editing the leave.
- If you want to cancel your own or your staff’s leave application, click here to know the process for cancelling the leave.
- Carbonate keeps and manages leave application records nice and tidy. Click here to find out more about it.
- It is quite easy. Click here to find out the steps for viewing your personal leave.
- If you wish to apply for leave for others in Carbonate, click here to find out the steps for applying for leave on behalf of others.
- If you wish to apply for leave for PH in Carbonate in advance, it is quite easy. Click here to find out the steps for applying for PH leave in advance.
- You can view all the leave applications on one single screen. Click here to know more.
- Want to know past dated leave details for multiple users in a single report. Click here to find out the steps for exporting the user leaves and check the report.
- Whether you want to import past dated leave applications or multiple users forgot to apply for the leave earlier, do not need to worry. Carbonate has a feature to import the leave applications in bulk. Click here to find out the steps for importing user leaves in Carbonate.
- You indeed can generate a leave encashment report before you add this encashment into the payroll, click here to find out the steps to generate the leave encashment report.
- Yes, you can export users’ leave balance report from Carbonate. Click here to find out more.
- Yes, you can import the leave balance into the Carbonate system. Click here to know the about leave balance import process in Carbonate.
- Yes, Carbonate does support the Mandarin/Chinese language. To set the language preference, go to the personal settings page and set your preferred language. Click here to know the steps for choosing a preferred language.
I have multiple Carbonate accounts. Is there a way to link those accounts up so I only log in to one account and access the other accounts?
- In Carbonate you can easily switch to multiple accounts with a few simple clicks. Check this user guide to learn more about it.
- You can enable or disable notifications for different modules like leave, payroll, attendance, etc. Simple tick on the check-box you wish to receive notifications and you are done. Click here to find out the steps for receiving the notifications.
- Carbonate lets you manage multiple entities within a Carbonate account. Click here to find out the steps for updating your company details into Carbonate.
- On the Carbonate system, you can add multiple bank account numbers for each one of your entities. You can choose to generate a GIRO file from any of these accounts. Click here to know about the steps.
- Carbonate HR lets you manage your staff information securely. You can click here to find out more about adding a new user into Carbonate.
Please do keep in view your subscription limit. You can always extend your subscription limit whenever you want.
- In case you ever need to update our staff profile information, click here to step by step guide on how to update staff profile information.
- Your data is well protected with us. However, if you find yourself in a situation where you need to export one, multiple or all the employees’ profile information, click here to know more about it.
- You should never delete a staff account from the Carbonate system. You are required to keep your employee’s data with you for a certain period of time even if the employee is no longer working with you. Rather, you should be changing the status to “Resigned” to keep the data protected and accessible as and when needed. However, if this account was created by mistake, or if you really need to delete an account, you can click here to know the steps for deleting an account.
- You can import users in Carbonate in a very easy way. Click here to know about the steps for importing the users.
I have an employee resigning soon, what is the process of changing the employment status on the Carbonate system?
- As soon as the employee hands over the resignation letter, you should change the status to “serving notice” and set the resignation and expected last working days in the profile. On the last working day of the employee, you should change the employment status to resign, Click here to find out more.
There have been a lot of changes to the employee’s profile, How can I export the audit trail report for this staff from Carbonate?
- The Carbonate system tracks all the changes done to the employee profile with time and date stamps and the person who changed the information. To export the audit trail you can click here to find out the steps by step guide about it.
- You can give privileges to a manager role and give additional permissions for different modules. These privileges can be assigned on different levels e.g. entities, outlets, ranks, departments, etc. Click here to find out the steps for giving privileges to a manager profile.
- You can add an outlet in Carbonate with a few simple clicks. Click here to know about the steps for adding a new outlet in Carbonate.
- There are two ways to assign employees to an outlet.
You can go to the staff list and assign employees to an outlet by opening their profiles individually, click here to know more about it. In the employee profile, you can manage primary and accessible outlets.
The second way is to assign the employees to an outlet, directly from the outlet click on this link to check out the steps. With this method, you can only give access to employees of this outlet but cannot assign employees to it as a primary outlet.
We have a lot of shared employees in our company, how do I allow employees to check in and check out from multiple outlets?
- You can assign multiple outlets to a user in Carbonate for performing the attendance. Click here to know about the steps for assigning an outlet to a user.
- Filters in the staff list module can save you a lot of time and effort in looking for an employee profile, especially when you are a big organisation. You have a number of criteria to filter out the results you want. Click here to find out the steps for applying filters in Carbonate.
- 2FA is an additional security feature on Carbonate to prevent false attempts at accessing your account. If you enable 2FA on the Carbonate system, you will receive a unique authentication code, everytime you try logging into your account click here to check out more.
Note: in order to use 2FA, you must have a valid and accessible email account to receive the authentication code.
- You can permit your employees to view the allowed radius of an outlet from the outlet settings page you may click here to find out the steps for location visibility preference for outlets.
- Ranks are groups of employees in an organisation having similar employment policies. Creating ranks is easy, click here to reach the user guide to learn more about it.
All of the employees are able to see their colleagues’ names in the staff list. They cannot see their profile information but is there a way to hide this list?
- Even though employees will not be able to see their colleagues’ personal information, other than name, phone number and email address, you still can hide the employees’ name in the staff list, click here to find out the steps for restricting staff team visibility.
- Yes, you can restrict org. chart visibility to employees in Carbonate. Check our user guide here to know about the steps for org. Chart visibility from the staff.
- Carbonate HR does not only support Public Holidays but you also can set your policies for public holidays. Here is the link to the user guide to setup public holidays
- Set policy for working on a public holiday
- Set policy if a Public holiday falls on a non-working day
- Set policy if a Public Holiday falls on Sunday
- The Carbonate HR system takes care of most of the leave types and their policies. At the same time, the system allows you the flexibility to modify the policies to comply with your company policies. Here is how you can create new leave types and also update the policies on the existing leave types.
- You can perform the check-in & out with photos & remarks. Click here to find out the steps to add photos & remarks in Carbonate.
Even though we have set the break hours in the main settings. There are a few employees who do not follow the same unpaid break hours as the rest. Can we manage unpaid break hours on individual staff profile level?
- Yes, on carbonate HR, you can manage unpaid break hours on an individual level profile. Follow the steps available on the user guide available here.
Where can we find an option to generate a CPF file to upload on the CPF portal for online submission?
- Once you have completed the payroll of the month, you can generate a CPF text file which you can upload on the CPF portal for the online CPF submission. Click here to find out the details on generating CPF in Carbonate.
We are new to the Carbonate system and could not do payroll on the Carbonate system. Do we have an option to import past payroll on Carbonate?
- Carbonate HR lets you do your things, your way. You can follow the steps available here to download an importable template for the past payroll and once you have completed the template, you can follow the same user guide to import the file into the system.
We reimburse the claims along with the salary. Does Carbonate HR have an online claim submission feature?
- Yes, you can approve claims using Carbonate. Click here to know about the steps for approving claims in Carbonate.
- Yes, you can export claims in Carbonate. Click here to find out the steps for exporting claims.
We have few old employees in our organisation, can their reporting managers submit claims on their behalf in Carbonate HR?
- Reporting manager, a manager with privileges and any admin can submit a claim on behalf of a staff member. The process is really simple, here is the user guide to find out more.
- Once you have generated the payroll on the Carbonate system, all you have to do is to download a GIRO file from the system and upload it into your company bank account. All the payment details, including employees’ names, bank account numbers and their respective salaries will be uploaded to your bank account. After that, all you have to do is to verify and approve the transaction. You can find a step by step guide to generating the GIRO file here.
- You can export all or filtered payslips from the Carbonate system in PDF format. By following the steps available on the user guide here, you can download all of those payslips.
- Yes, you can email payslips in PDF format to selective or all the employees from the Carbonate system. Click here to find out the steps to send the payslip to the employees.
I have generated payslips, does Carbonate have an option to download payslip history reports in an excel format?
- To download the payslips history report in an excel format, please click here to find out the steps for downloading the payslip.
Our company manages the accounts on Xero, is Carbonate integrated with Xero to push the data from Carbonate to our Xero account?
- Yes, after generating the payroll on the Carbonate HR, you can push the payroll data to your Xero account. Here is a link to find out more details.
- Yes, you can push your payroll data from Carbonate to QuickBooks. Click here to find out the steps for linking and pushing the payroll data from Carbonate to QuickBooks.
I have created duplicate payslips for my staff by mistake and now I want to delete the payslip. How can I delete the payslips on Carbonate?
- Yes, you can delete payslip for the users in Carbonate with a few easy steps. Click here to find out the user guide to delete the payslip on Carbonate.
- Carbonate HR system prorates the payslips automatically for the employees joining or resigning in the middle of a month in the bulk payroll. However, you do have an option to prorate the payslips manually.
Click here to prorate the payslip for the resigning employee
Click here to prorate the payslip for the new joining employee
Please note once you have changed the employment status of the resigned staff from the profile and generated the payslip manually, this employee will not appear in the bulk payroll.
If you have generated the payslip of the new joining employee, please exclude this employee from the bulk payroll.
We are using the Carbonate HR system in a country where it does not support the payroll but all the other modules are supported. Can we import our own payslips in PDF format?
- Carbonate HR is truly a global HR system. If you are using Carbonate HR in a country of which it does not support the payroll, it gives an option to upload your own generated payslips to centralise all the data in one place. Here is a user guide for you to follow to upload the payslip in PDF format.
We have generated payslips and the CPF is not calculated for some of the employees. Did we miss something?
- Carbonate calculates employees’ CPF as per MOM regulations. It is an automated function and you do not have to calculate anything manually. Please ensure to key in all the mandatory information required to calculate CPF. Here is some help to ensure if all the information is in place to calculate the CPF accurately.
- Yes, you can enable additional password protection of the payslips when downloaded in PDF format. The password will be the individual’s NRIC/FIN (case sensitive). Click here to find more about it.
- Yes, we do have an option to provide a standard report for YTD payroll details per entity or for all entities in one report. Click here to find out the steps for exporting the YTD payroll data.
We have multiple subsidiaries under one parent company. But each entity has a different log. Can we print logos on the payslips, respective to their entity?
- You can add the individual entities logo or one standard logo on the payslips. Click here to find a step by step user guide to implementing it.
- On Carbonate, we provide two versions of the payslip format/layout. Both the layouts provide comprehensive details of the payroll breakdown. Both the format/layout are customisable and you can add or remove the additional items from the payslip. Click here to view and choose a payslip layout.
- Whether you need to extend your subscription or upgrade your Carbonate plan, you can pay your subscription fees via cheque. Click here to find more details.
Our Carbonate subscription will expire soon. How do we pay our subscription fees using a credit card?
- Whether you need to extend your subscription or upgrade your Carbonate plan, you can pay for your Carbonate subscription fee online using a credit card. Click here to find out the steps to upgrade your plan.
I cannot find a suitable report to export the required data from the system. Can I create my own custom report templates?
- Yes, Carbonate gives you the flexibility to generate the report the way you want to. Click here to find out the steps to create a custom report template builder.
- Tracking your company assets via Carbonate is really simple. Click here to find out more about how you can manage your company assets on Carbonate.
We have different employee handbooks for different levels of employees. How can I create and publish employee handbooks for different groups of employees?
- Carbonate HR gives you a flexible way to create and publish your employees’ handbook. You can maintain multiple versions for multiple groups of employees. You can find a step by step user guide here.
- Yes, you can create multiple exit interview templates on Carbonate. You can initiate an exit interview template when you change the employee status to “Resigned” in the employee profile. Here is the link to find out more about creating exit interview templates.
- Yes, you can create and send announcements via Carbonate to a group of employees based on their ranks, outlets, entities or individuals on the Carbonate HR system. You can even make it mandatory to respond to this broadcast announcement.
Another function of the announcement is to broadcast an available job for a particular skill set so that interested employees can make availability known to the company. Clicking here will lead you to the user guide on how to send an announcement via Carbonate.
Our company has fixed shifts based rosters. Can roster on Carbonate handle customised shifts based rosters?
- Yes, Carbonate HR lets you create rosters in multiple ways, it can be shifts based, task-based, fixed timing or even employee availability based roster. You can create multiple templates for each outlet so that you can create the rosters with ease. Click here to find out more.
As a new user, creating rosters on the Carbonate system seems a bit different than what we are used to. Is there a template to import the rosters in bulk for all the users in Carbonate?
- Creating rosters on the carbonate HR system is rather because you can set a suitable template and follow it every time. If you feel more comfortable using an excel file to create rosters, you can download a template available on the Carbonate HR system and upload it into the system and all the rosters will be created. If you require assistance, click here to find out a step by step guide on how to download, fill up and upload the roster template excel file.
- Yes, we do have an option to export the rosters in Carbonate. Click here to find out the roster exporting process in Carbonate. In this report, you can track which employee has spent how much time on which task/project and from there you can even derive the task/project cost.
Our company is very open to collecting feedback from the employees to make our operations smoother. Does the Carbonate system provide such a function?
- On the Carbonate HR system, you can collect feedback from your employees to gather information. It can be as simple as deciding if the company should hold an event at the beach or it can be used to collect feedback from the team members about their operational needs. You can also attach the supporting documents if needed to ensure all the participants have all the information they may need. To know more about the feedback function, you may click here.
Does Carbonate have an option to broadcast a task only to a group of employees with a particular skill set?
- Yes, we do have an option to broadcast a task via Carbonate looping in all the employees who have the required skill set for the job. With this feature, you can find resources within your organisation without any delays. You can find more information on this by clicking here.
- On the Carbonate HR system, you can create a list of all the meeting rooms at your office and anyone can book the meeting room as and when needed. This will really help you in saving the trouble of looking for a meeting room while your clients are waiting in the common area of your office. Click here to reach the user guide on how you can create a list of available meeting rooms as well as steps on how to book the meeting rooms.
Our team often works overtime but we do not encourage it. However, if an employee does overtime, they have a right to claim for the off in lieu time. How can the Carbonate system help us in this matter?
- Carbonate HR app allows you to set up and then claim the overtime for off in lieu (time off). The employees can fill up a claim form for working overtime and the reporting manager, manager with privileges or admin can approve that claim and the off in lieu will be added into the employees leave balance automatically. Click here to find out more about setting up the off in lieu claim options and also about how to submit a claim form for off in lieu.
We have a number of different types and some of the claim types have claim amount limits. Can the Carbonate system handle such claims?
- You can set as many as claims you want to and you can also set monetary limitations for each claim category. You can even set limitation of the main claim category and create subcategories of a claim type and set limitations for it. Once the setup of the claims is done nicely, you are set for a smooth journey. Click here to learn more about the claim categories setup.
In our company, most of the employees have commissions of various types. There can be fixed or percentage-based commission. These commissions are submitted by the employees themselves and then approved by their manager and accounts. How can we set our commission structure on the Carbonate system?
- On the Carbonate HR system, you can define your commission structure or individual employees and allow them to use a claim form to submit their commissions. Those commissions are subjected to a manager, a manager with privileges and admins approval. Once the commissions are approved, those will directly be added to the next payroll and the CPF will also be calculated according to the CPF regulations. Adding a new commission is really easy in Carbonate. Click here to find more details on how to set up commissions via claim form.
In our company, when a claim is submitted, it is first approved by the reporting manager and then it is approved by a designated manager. Is it possible to have a multi-approval system on the Carbonate HR?
- When a claim form is filled up on the Carbonate system, the submission person selects the approver. Normally it is the reporting manager to whom the claims are submitted to. However, the admin can assign a designated person who can give final approval to the claim. The claim can either be settled by paying in cash or it can be approved to be added to the next payroll. The claims are usually not subjected to CPF contributions and the system will add these claims as reimbursements which are not subjected to any tax and CPF contributions. You may click here to access the user guide to assign the final approver for the claims.
We have video tutorials for our new employees. Can we upload those videos on the Carbonate system for our new employees to watch those videos?
- Carbonate HR system allows you to create a complete academy of videos and their assessments. You can upload a set of videos on the system, create the assessments and set the passing criteria for each training course. You can find out more about creating courses on the Carbonate HR system here. You can also find a user guide on how to take a training course on the Carbonate HR system here